Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22nd

*Sniiiiiifffffffff* Ahhhhhh....
So in case you haven't noticed, cooking is a little hobby of mine. Although, I had not planned to bake bread today. I was passing through the bakery of the grocery store today to get some fruit from the produce section when this lovely scent wafted through my nose. It was freshly baked cheddar cheese bread. Naturally, I strolled over in a zombie-like fashion to buy a loaf. Just as I was reaching out to grab this lovely mouth watering loaf, I had an epiphany. "Wait a sec...I have a bread maker, and bread flour, and cheddar cheese, and the other necessities. All I need is yeast!" One dollar and fifty nine cents later I was on my way home trying to remember where I had stashed the bread maker after the move. The aroma around the house all afternoon was way more heavenly than what I smelt in the grocery store a few hours prior. The taste...even better. And since the yeast came in a 3 pack, I think I'll be leaving the bread maker on the counter for a few more days.

2 comments: