Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17th

By George, she HAS found it! A friend of mine posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe that was supposed to be THE one. I, myself have been searching for THE ONE as well. And I have heard this before..."Try my cookie recipe. They are to die for..." and all that jazz. Usually they are good but not THE ONE. However, the ingredients in this recipe intrigued me so I decided to give it a try. Well get out your recipe books my friends! Take out every chocolate chip recipe in the book...rip it up, throw it away, and write this one down in their place because my friend is right. This is THE BEST homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tasted. And follow the directions exactly. Don't veer. As you can see I added white chocolate chips because I didn't have enough semi sweet in my cabinet. The cookies need semi sweet. They end up being too sweet otherwise. Still quite delicious mind you, but they would have been perfect had I followed the directions properly. So that means, when it says add one egg plus one yolk...do it. When it says to grease the cookie sheet...do it. When it says to add a TABLESPOON of vanilla...do it. Yes a Tbsp. I know that means about a quarter of the bottle but hey its worth it. When it says melt the butter first...do it. And don't even think about using that margarine crap. You are already making cookies. If you are going to splurge...do it right. The recipe also says to drop 1/4 cup at a time onto the sheet. This is the only thing I would change unless you like GINORMOUS cookies. 1/8 cup works just fine.
So is your mouth watering yet? Have I hyped up these cookies enough? Click here for the recipe and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOOO!!!! Glad you tried them and even gladder (is that a word) that you loved them! I was nervous they wouldn't be as good as I had made them out to be. You made me want to make them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try them with Dark Chocolate chips. I bet that will cut a lot of the sweetness of the cookie itself. I bought a bag today to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...I'm a little skeptical, but I will give them a go!

    ReplyDelete