I went to my first professional hockey game recently.
Well, me and a group of long time friends.
I thought I would love the game since I have been playing hockey almost every winter of my life.. Turns out I didn't. Love love love to play up at the cabin on the lake with as many people as we can muster. But watching it is booooorrrrriiiiiinnnngggg. Both teams scored a total of 3 goals during the three 20 minute periods, two 15 minute intermissions and stoppages of play. That also included overtime. People said, "oh you got to see an exciting game because there was a shoot out at the end." Well you could have fooled me. Makes me wonder about the people who say baseball is boring. Next time I'll ask them if they have ever watched hockey. The most interesting part of the whole night (besides catching up with the gang) was watching the people in the stands discover they were on the jumbo tron. The girls and I even made a cameo.
The best part of the night was when David and Mike played a prank on Nate. At the beginning of the night, they both walked in wearing these tshirts with an old picture of Nate blown up real big. They thought it would be a great way to introduce themselves to Nate's new lady friend and embarass him at the same time. Bazinga. Yes, that is Nate circa 1995. It was hilarious.
Best Buds for over 10 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment