Like much of the world, I have recently become obsessed with Pinterest. I can't tear myself away from all the crafts, home decor, cool products, ideas for kids and of course recipes! I have learned that you have to look closely to what you repin though. For example: The picture below advertised Healthy Chicken Enchiladas. But when I clicked on the pic for the recipe, the one I got contained doritos, 3 cups of cheese, and sour cream.
One-that doesn't sound very healthy but still delicious so I read on.
Two- no where in the picture do I see doritos and no where in the recipe did I see tortillas, avocado, fresh tomatoes, or green onions.
Three- the directions say to "pour meat, cheese and tortilla chip mixture into the baking dish". Tortilla chips? I thought we were using doritos. And this doesn't sound like a recipe for enchiladas. It sounds like a mexican casserole.
This happened again with another recipe I repined. I guess some people have recipes they want to share but no picture. So they go out and find one that looks close and delicious so the recipe will spread like wildfire. Very tricky pinterest people.
Well anyway, I found the recipe in the picture and made it for dinner tonight. Not exactly super healthy (because of all the sour cream) but they were super delicious.

No comments:
Post a Comment