Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 8th

I fought the kid and the kid won. We have been having a little difficulty lately with dinner time. When Emery was an infant, she would eat anything I pureed for her. That is no longer the case. She will only eat fruit, spaghetti, mac n cheese, pb&j, or chicken nuggets and fries at dinner time. Why is it that the foods she once loved, she won't even touch now? Needless to say, David and I would like a little more variety in our diet. We also do not want to get into the habit of making Emery something different than what is on the menu for the night. Emery would rather go hungry than eat something that is not listed above...this in turn punishes us as well because she doesn't sleep well that night. So we are in a pickle. Tonight we decided to sit with her until she took a few bites. Forty five minutes later she was in full blown temper tantrum. Even I shed a few tears of frustration. She may be a little to young yet for force. Eventually Em won. She ate a cup of applesauce, two pieces of bread and a glass of milk. Believe it or not, that is a smile on her face. I would love some advice if anyone has any.

1 comment:

  1. awww!! Well, Lindsay I have no advice...well that's not entirely true. Try a big glass of wine next time...for you!! :) Hang in there love!! I'm sure it will get better. XO

    ReplyDelete