Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

I did it! One whole year!
And here is where all the magic happened.

I have to say, this project kept me a lot busier than I thought it would. Taking and posting 1 picture each day for a year is ten times harder than it sounds. And trying to keep it interesting...that was a whole different mountain. There were many days where right before bed I said, "Shoot! I need to take a picture!" Though, sometimes those turned out to be some of my favorites. It is amazing to me to look back and see how much has changed in only one year. Emery is a great example. When I started, she was newly walking and barely saying mama and dada. Now she is running circles around us, speaking in complete sentences, and almost fully potty trained. It took a lot of creativity to keep from posting a pic of just her everyday. Maybe that can be a project in the future. For now I think I am going to take a break from 365. I will still post from time to time, maybe even many days in a row. Just not 365 times. The thought of not having an obligation each day sounds good right now. I hope everyone has enjoyed this project as much as I have. I greatly appreciate all of your following and comments. Stay tuned. There will be more...

4 comments:

  1. I will miss swing your daily posts. I have grown fond of seeing them daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss them too. I was wondering what you were going to do... I've kind of made the same decision. I'll post when it happens, but it sure does get annoying trying to find something every day to take a picture of. Sounds easy, but seriously, most days I study and workout. Not very picture-worthy. Congrats of 365 days of pics and posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for doing this year long project! Especially for all of us who can't be there with you, this was such an amazing outlet for us to stay updated and connected. I'm glad to hear you're still continuing to blog (even if it's in small increments :) Looking forward to future posts! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done such a fabulous job with posting all these pictures. I have enjoyed seeing all the fun and quirky things you take pictures of...I really liked the catepillar pics. :) I completely name all the random creatures I meet also (I once named a lightning bug Flasher that I had Mike rescue from a spider's web). I will certainly miss your posts, because you sure did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete