Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September 7th

I started the 3rd book in the millennium trilogy. David is currently finishing up the first. We can't put them down. You know the book is good when 9:15 rolls around and your husband turns to you and says, "You want to go to bed...and read?"

5 comments:

  1. The movies are really good too, if you can watch subtitles, the first is out on DVD, we just saw the second in the theater and it comes out on DVD next month when the third starts in theaters.
    Noomi Repace plays Lisbeth, she is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh I have heard these are good!! Once I get through school these are on my list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roz, you must.
    David, I'll have to check those out. I hear they are pretty graphic. I also heard that they are making american versions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniel Craig will be Blomkvist...
    I think I am going to hold out for the English speaking versions. I have trouble reading my movies; it's like eating crawfish...its a lot of work, but its much more fun if someone peels them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Subtitles are easy to get through, mostly because there is not a lot of dialog, Lisbeth isn't a real talker, she's pretty much...what's the word? proactive, yeah she's proactive....
    I think the American films will do just fine I like who they have in the cast so far, (Stellan Skarsgard from Angels and Demons, and Robin Wright and an unknown to play Lisbeth)) and it looks like they will keep it in Sweden, but Noomi Rapace's portrayal of Lisbeth has to be seen.
    The violence is probably a bit starker than American movies and the scene with her parol guy IS hard to watch, but it's makes her revenge on him much sweeter.
    Jill tells me in the books Lisbeth really really hates men, in the movie she comes off as just conflicted about men which is understandable.
    All the DVDs should be out by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete