Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21st



My picture for today was originally of a sad yellow daffodil hunched over in the light dusting of snow we received this morning. This, after all was a reflection of how I felt when I saw the snow falling, especially after getting my hopes up two days ago when the temp was 70. But then....the rest of the day happened. Emery is currently cutting her top two front teeth with two on either side not far behind. I fully expected her mood to be a little out of sorts. What I didn't expect was another not so desirable side affect of teething. Explosive Butt. Disgusting, I know...but I'm just keeping it real here folks. I'm talkin, 3 pairs of pants a day; washed the sheets twice kind of explosive butt. David picked a great weekend to be out of town by the way. So, as any good mother/sensible person would do, I hunted for remedies to STOP IT UP. We bundled up, laced up our boots, and headed out into the now cold and rainy conditions to find these bowel cloggers. One bag of bananas, rice, and pedialyte later, we were back at the car only to find a nice golf ball size dent in the car door from a unruly grocery cart. "Great!" I thought, "Just what I needed today." Luckily my rational husband was on the phone to remind me that a "hit and run" could have been a lot worse and that cars were meant to be used and bruised. Another thing that quickly cheered me up was something I came across in the store which currently reflected my disposition. The Mad Housewife. The label read: "Somewhere near the cool shadows of the laundry room. Past the litter box and between the plastic yard toys. This is your time. Time to enjoy a moment to yourself. A moment without madness. The dishes can wait. Dinner be damned. Mad Housewife Chardonnay." Sold.




*One side note. I am so excited to get "the good camera" back tomorrow. You wouldn't believe the amount of photo shop I have had to do these past few days with this broken piece of junk.
Example: Here is one of the before pics...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of this wine!! :) You get at it mad housewife!! hehe

    ReplyDelete