Saturday, July 27, 2013

Oh. My. Garden.

The garden is in full bloom...of veggies that is.  (click on the first pic) Look how tall my neighbor's sunflowers are.  
I'm talking like 8-10 feet!
 This little bunny was about 3 feet away when I noticed him inside the fence.  By the time I got to the camera he ran out, but it showed me his escape hole in our fence.  So, I was able to patch/block his way in for next time.
 Because I have to protect these precious tomatoes! 
 This year, I have cherry,
 roma,
 and big boy tomatoes. 
And by big boy they must mean big, perfectly round tomatoes...because they are.  But it must also mean, the plant gets so dag gum huge that no amount of poles or tomato stakes will hold this plant up.  It continues to grow so yay for me!
 The green peppers are slow growing but I have confidence.
 The cucumbers, however are another story.  Mine are so yellow and puny.  I have harvested a couple but they are fat and short.   
Cristina's cucumbers are green and luscious.  I don't know what went wrong on my side.  They get watered the same amount and are about 7 feet apart inside our fence.
 The corn is also not doing so well.  But that could be from neglect.  We decided to share this year and neither of us has the energy to de-weed this plot again.  The corn is short and yellowish.  Though I did see some ears today, I doubt we will get more than a handful.
 But we don't let the corn get us down.  Because we have had many great harvests lately! 


No comments:

Post a Comment