Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Em and I Save The Turtle

I noticed Henry showing a lot of interest in a strange looking rock yesterday afternoon.  Usually that doesn't mean anything because Henry does things like that...chew rocks.  But when Lincoln started showing interest as well, I decided to go and investigate this "rock."
Turns out it was a turtle!
And though I am always proud of the catch our hunting dogs make, I always feel the need to save that poor animal.  So I put the dogs inside and set the turtle shell on the porch.
Emery and I waited to see if the poor thing was still alive.  And slowly he started to peek his head out.
Emery thought he might be hungry and offered him one of the curly cucumbers from the porch garden.
He didn't seem interested.
The dogs never lost interest.
 Once it was clear that he just wanted to get the heck out of here, we let him go on his way.
 "Bye Mr. Turtle"


No comments:

Post a Comment