Emery's birthday party is tonight. So, we baked and decorated sugar cookies yesterday to add to the kid's goodie bags.
Em had her own batch to decorate.
She liked the tie dye effect...or "Jerry Garcia style" according to David.
These are the cookies we are giving to the kids. This is my first time using royal icing. I prefer icing that has a little more taste to it but since I needed them to dry hard, I gave it a go. I am a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to baking and I realized I have a lot to learn about royal icing. Like making sure it is thick enough so the icing actually stays on the cookie. Like waiting for the outline to dry before you add more so that the colors don't bleed. Like adding a little flavoring so that your mouth can handle the super sweetness. I'm glad we made about 30 cookies because I had to use 10-15 for practice. These are the ones that ended up half way decent.
Oh well, they are three. What are they going to care as long it's edible and it's called a cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment